Wednesday, March 9, 2011

James River Rugby: Box Jumps

I figured I should post a blog, since google planned on terminating my account due to lack of activity (oops).

I recently revived the James River Rugby newsletter. In it, I wrote an article about getting into "rugby shape," in which I mentioned box jumps. Box jumps were also one of the exercises of the week in the newsletter. I thought, since I have this blog I never use, I could use it as a platform for supplemental information based on information in the newsletter.

So, for starters, here is a video with some box jump variations:


The video shows lateral box jumps, one-leg jumps, and twisting jumps. You can also incorporate weighted jumps, in which you hold a weight, alternating leg jumps, alternating leg lateral jumps, jumping over the box, and many more. You can even make up your own patterns.

Happy training, and stay tuned to more supplemental information.

No comments:

Post a Comment